Zip along in a private tuk tuk through the historic streets of Old Bangkok
Zip along in a private tuk tuk through the historic streets of Old Bangkok, “Rattanakosin” as we visit authentic food stops and historic landmarks in the hustle and bustle of the city. Catch the flares of charcoal stoves and delicious dishes interwoven with visits to historic communities and temples in the cool evening air. Our experts will leave you with a belly full of delicious food and a head full of intimate knowledge of the city.
A mix of traditional and hearty Thai dishes interspersed with delicacies in traditional markets.
Rattanakosin, Bangkok's royal district set on what was once an island bordered by the River of the Kings on one side and canals on the other.
* ฿ – THB (currency of Thailand)
Fall in love exploring the flavors, spices and aromas of the city’s Village of Love—the historic Bangrak neighborhood. Experience how the locals live, eat and shop as you take part in unique local food tastings each packed with authentic history and intimate stories of the neighborhood.
Our local experts have hand-picked food that is guaranteed to tickle your tastebuds, and their intimate stories of Bangkok and Thailand’s everyday culture will fill your minds with amazement.
Join us in exploring the city’s authentic offbeat landmarks in the Village of Love!
One of the BEST things to do in Bangkok!
- Zip along in your own private 3-stroke engine tuk tuk (3 people max) through historic Rattanakosin or “Old Bangkok”
- Catch the flares of brass woks over charcoal stoves serving up amazing dishes at the locals’ favourite restaurants.
- Enjoy Thai family-style meal in a 100-year-old family-run restaurant!
- Satisfy your sweet tooth as we visit an artisan of a local favourite street food snacks.
- Take in the atmosphere of historic temples in the cool evening air with insider knowledge from our expert guides
- Down a cold one on an exclusive rooftop deck with the best view of the Temple of Dawn along the River of the Kings.
- A visit to a historic market at the heart of the neighborhood frequented by the locals.
- Savour Bangkoks #1 Ranked Pad Thai based on a family recipe handed down generation after generation.
**Vendors and menu items may change due to vendor schedules and other unexpected circumstances
- An amazingly delicious good time!
- Generous servings and beverages at four selected and curated tastings.
- Professional and entertaining guide with an advanced level of English.
- Taste of Thailand Food Tours insurance as an official registered operator.
- Private 3-stroke engine tuk tuk (3 people max) from the meeting point, through the experience with return service back to centrally located accommodations.
National Stadium BTS (Skytrain) station
Return by tuk-tuk to your central Bangkok hotel
6:30p.m. / 3.5-4 hours duration
We cannot currently accommodate vegetarian, vegan, gluten-free or halal diets on this tour.
What to expect
This tour is not recommended for those who are not able to easily manage getting in and out of a local tuk tuk.
Group size and dynamics
1-15 persons. For safety and security we do not permit children under 5 years of age.
What to wear
It is recommended that you wear shorts (covered knees) or lightweight pants and a lightweight shirt (covered shoulders), as well as comfortable walking shoes. Some historical sites/temples require respectful clothing for entry.
Tour takes place rain or shine. We recommend an umbrella and sense of adventure in case the clouds break. Some of our most fun moments have been in the rain!
We understand that unexpected changes occur. Our cancellation policy allows changes to tickets per the following schedule:
- 48 hours prior to tour start: 100% refund
- 48 – 24 hours prior to tour start: 50% refund
- Less than 24 hours & No Shows: No refund
- Date Changes: Permitted 48 hours in advance of original tour date and subject to Taste of Thailand discretion.
- Late arrivals: If you arrive more than 10 minutes late or after we have moved from our initial meeting spot, you may be considered a no-show.