Get ready for a combination of food, culture and adventure!
Get ready for a combination of food, culture and adventure! Meet your professional licensed guide, down by the riverfront and begin your tour in the friendly, historic neighbourhood of Bangrak, where you will taste some local food and drink specialties. Then jump into a water taxi to enjoy a boat ride along the Chao Phraya River to Bangkok’s old city, Rattanakosin, where you will visit some of our favourite, must-see temples. Along the way, you will be entertained with insider stories of Bangkok’s landmarks. After a lovely Thai lunch, you will be happily full of tasty local food, culture and history! Your guide will then return you back to the original meeting point at the end of the tour.
A mix of local, traditional Thai food and drink, plus the majesty of Bangkok’s temples.
The historic Bangrak area and Bangkok’s Old City, locally known as “Koh Rattanakosin”.
Departs daily at 8:30am
* ฿ – THB (currency of Thailand)
Fall in love exploring the flavors, spices and aromas of the city’s Village of Love—the historic Bangrak neighborhood. Experience how the locals live, eat and shop as you take part in unique local food tastings each packed with authentic history and intimate stories of the neighborhood.
Our local experts have hand-picked food that is guaranteed to tickle your tastebuds, and their intimate stories of Bangkok and Thailand’s everyday culture will fill your minds with amazement.
Join us in exploring the city’s authentic offbeat landmarks in the Village of Love!
One of the BEST things to do in Bangkok!
- Start the adventure with a sampling of Thai food in the Bangrak neighborhood from our favorite locals who really take pride in their creations.
- Cool off with a refreshing Thai drink, Thai tea or Cha Yen.
- Spice it up and breathe in the aroma of hand-made fresh curry in a half-century old shop.
- Visit the street market and check out the rainbow of tropical fruit available and sample Thai fish cakes.
- Give into your sweet tooth with a selection of authentic traditional Thai desserts made fresh daily.
- Dive into Koh Rattanakosin by the Chao Phraya river via water taxi to see the highlights of the Old City of Bangkok.
- Discover the residence of the Thai Kings, the Grand Palace, and the most sacred buddhist temple, Wat Phra Kaew.
- Enjoy a delicious lunch at a renowned traditional Thai restaurant
- Visit one of Bangkok’s world famous landmarks, Wat Arun or the Temple of Dawn and take a challenge to climb up the vertical staircases of the Prang (tower) to see a stunning view of the river and Bangkok.
- Discover one of the largest temple complexes in the city famed for its stunning reclining Buddha and also the first university of Thailand and a center of traditional massage and medicine.
**Vendors and menu items may change due to vendor schedules and other unexpected circumstances
- An amazingly delicious good time!
- Professional and entertaining guide with an advanced level of English.
- 3 food tastings at the best spots in Bangrak.
- All admission fee for visited temples.
- Transportation to and from the tour. Tour meeting points are conveniently located. Confirmation e-mails include clear directions how to arrive to our meeting place.
- Alternate tastings/substitutions/extra food & drink
Saphan Taksin BTS Station
Saphan Taksin BTS Station
8:30 am – 4:00 pm (approximately 7.5 hours)
Minimum 2 participants for this private tour. Single travelers will be charged the 2 person rate.
Vegetarian diets can be accommodated with prior notice. We cannot currently accommodate vegan, gluten-free or halal diets on this tour.
Group size and dynamics
All ages are welcome. Families with children under 5 are asked contact email@example.com
to inquire about family private tours for the comfort of their family and other guests.
What to wear
Long pants and short or long sleeve shirts are required for entry to the Royal Grand Palace and the Temple of the Emerald Buddha. Tank tops are not allowed. Proper footwear is also required. Sandals are ok with something around the heel, but flip flops are not allowed. Sunscreen, sunglasses and a hat are never a bad idea for Bangkok weather!
We understand that unexpected changes occur. Our cancellation policy allows changes to tickets per the following schedule:
- 48 hours prior to tour start: 100% refund
- 48 – 24 hours prior to tour start: 50% refund
- Less than 24 hours & No Shows: No refund
- Date Changes: Permitted 48 hours in advance of original tour date and subject to Taste of Thailand discretion.
- Late arrivals: If you arrive more than 10 minutes late or after we have moved from our initial meeting spot, you may be considered a no-show.