A private food and culture adventure!
Your party will be picked up in private mini van at your centrally located Bangkok hotel from which we will travel to the ancient capital of Ayutthaya to start our Great Ayutthaya Adventure.
We’ll intermix old markets with visits to iconic temples, delicious local foods with an understanding of Ayutthaya’s amazing history and importance in Thai culture.
Exhausted and full, we’ll escort you back to the City of Angels to your hotel where we will finish our day’s journey.
Traditional Thai delicacies from every region of Thailand
The ancient capital of Ayutthaya with its beautiful temples, culture and of course - food!
On request. Depart Bangkok at 8a.m. Return at 6p.m.
* ฿ – THB (currency of Thailand)
Fall in love exploring the flavors, spices and aromas of the city’s Village of Love—the historic Bangrak neighborhood. Experience how the locals live, eat and shop as you take part in unique local food tastings each packed with authentic history and intimate stories of the neighborhood.
Our local experts have hand-picked food that is guaranteed to tickle your tastebuds, and their intimate stories of Bangkok and Thailand’s everyday culture will fill your minds with amazement.
Join us in exploring the city’s authentic offbeat landmarks in the Village of Love!
One of the BEST things to do in Bangkok!
- Dive into one of Ayutthaya’s oldest local markets as we start the adventure with a delicious local snack.
- Take a relaxing afternoon view of the river as we visit majestic Wat Chai Wattanaram.
- Sample delicious boat noodles in their birthplace, and if you are daring, we’ll add a special ingredient on offer!
- Get up close and personal with one of Thailand’s emblematic Buddha head at Wat Mahathat.
- Savour a delicious and relaxing local meal afloat a rice barge on the river,enjoying the local sights and sounds.
- Learn hands-on a dying artcraft still practiced in Ayutthaya that keeps ‘the babies smiling’.
- Get backstage passes to see the production of Ayuthaya’s famous flossy sugar treat, roti sai mai (and sample it of course!)
- Soak in half century-old culture with a visit to Ayutthaya’s most historically important temple, Wat Phra Si Sanphet.
**Vendors and menu items may change due to vendor schedules and other unexpected circumstances
- An amazingly delicious good time!
- Curated food and drink at 5+ distinct tasting locations.
- Professional and entertaining guide with an advanced level of English.
- Taste of Thailand Food Tours insurance as an official registered operator.
- Hotel pick up and drop-off in Bangkok metropolitan area by VIP private van or car.
Start time 8:00a.m. / End time 6:30p.m
We cannot currently accommodate vegetarian, vegan, gluten-free or halal diets on this tour.
Tour takes place rain or shine. We recommend an umbrella and sense of adventure in case the clouds break. Some of our most fun moments have been in the rain!
What to wear
It is recommended that you wear shorts (covered knees) or light weights pants and a lightweight shirt (covered shoulders), as well as comfortable walking shoes. Some historical sites/temples require respectful clothing for entry.
Group size and dynamics
Food is intimate, so we stay intimate. We have a maximum of 10 people on our Great Ayutthaya Adventure.
All Ages are welcome. Families with children under 5 are asked contact firstname.lastname@example.org to inquire about family private tours for the comfort of their family and other guests.
We understand that unexpected changes occur. Our cancellation policy allows changes to tickets per the following schedule:
- 48 hours prior to tour start: 100% refund
- 48 – 24 hours prior to tour start: 50% refund
- Less than 24 hours & No Shows: No refund
- Date Changes: Permitted 48 hours in advance of original tour date and subject to Taste of Thailand discretion.
- Late arrivals: If you arrive more than 10 minutes late or after we have moved from our initial meeting spot, you may be considered a no-show.