Experience the cultural and culinary treasures of Chiang Mai, as you cruise along in your private songtiew – the city’s infamous red taxis!
You will tour the old walled city and learn about the history of the ancient Northern Lanna Capital, all while tasting the amazing food specialties for which this city is famous!
Our local insiders have carefully chosen the most interesting monuments and tastiest spots for your enjoyment!
Traditional Thai delicacies with a focus on Chiang Mai's unique treasures and northern cuisine.
The historical walled centre of the charming one time capital of the ancient Lanna kingdom, Chiang Mai or New City.
* ฿ – THB (currency of Thailand)
Fall in love exploring the flavors, spices and aromas of the city’s Village of Love—the historic Bangrak neighborhood. Experience how the locals live, eat and shop as you take part in unique local food tastings each packed with authentic history and intimate stories of the neighborhood.
Our local experts have hand-picked food that is guaranteed to tickle your tastebuds, and their intimate stories of Bangkok and Thailand’s everyday culture will fill your minds with amazement.
Join us in exploring the city’s authentic offbeat landmarks in the Village of Love!
One of the BEST things to do in Bangkok!
- Meet your guide at entrance to the Old City.
- Dip into the early morning hustle and bustle of the Muang Mai wholesale market to learn how the city starts its day.
- Savour the most famous noodle dishes from Chiang Mai – ‘khao soi’ – at the most highly regarded restaurant in the city!
- Visit the most famous local market in Chiang Mai, learn its history and sample savory and sweet delicacies, including the Northern sausage, Sai Oua.
- Meet the famous ‘three kings’ of Chiang Mai.
- Enjoy the best savoury chicken and rice in the city at the city’s favourite eatery.
- One more treat! Finish the tour off with Thailand’s infamous mango sticky rice at THE spot favoured by the locals!
- An amazingly delicious good time!
- 15 distinct foods and beverages at our curated tastings.
- Professional and entertaining guide with an advanced level of English.
- Taste of Thailand Food Tours insurance as an official registered operator.
- Transportation to and from the tour. Tour meeting points are conveniently located. Confirmation e-mails include clear directions how to arrive to our meeting place.
Start time 9am/3.5-4 hour duration
We cannot currently accommodate vegetarian, vegan, gluten-free or halal diets on this tour.
Group size and dynamics
1-15 people. All Ages are welcome. Families with children under 5 are asked contact firstname.lastname@example.org to inquire about family private tours for the comfort of their family and other guests
What to wear
We recommend shorts and light shirt as well as comfortable walking shoes. Sunscreen, sunglasses and a hat are never a bad idea.
Tour takes place rain or shine. We recommend an umbrella and sense of adventure in case the clouds break. Some of our most fun moments have been in the rain!
We understand that unexpected changes occur. Our cancellation policy allows changes to tickets per the following schedule:
- 48 hours prior to tour start: 100% refund
- 48 – 24 hours prior to tour start: 50% refund
- Less than 24 hours & No Shows: No refund
- Date Changes: Permitted 48 hours in advance of original tour date and subject to Taste of Thailand discretion.
- Late arrivals: If you arrive more than 10 minutes late or after we have moved from our initial meeting spot, you may be considered a no-show.