Today’s blog post from Taste of Thailand will show you how to cook tasty Thai chicken salad or Yam Gai. It’s easy to cook and prepare right at home whether you leave in Asia or not. This salad is popular with health-conscious people as the chicken adds a portion of protein. The taste combines spicy and sour adding to the vegetable crunch.
1. Slice chicken breast(s) and place in a pot fitted with a steamer basket over water.
2. Bring water to a boil, and steam chicken until juices run clear, about 20 minutes.
3. In the meantime, prepare the sauce for your steamed chicken.
4. Mix fish sauce, garlic, salt, and sugar in a separate bowl and add lemon juice. Add chili to your heat preference!
5. When the chicken is cooked, place it in the bowl and add coriander, chopped cabbage and chopped Chinese kale.
6. Add sliced garlic.
7. Now pour the pre-mixed sauce from step 4 over your all ingredients.
8. Enjoy the delicious, easy-to-cook at home salad. Aroi mak!