Happy New Year 2018 to our foodie friends all over the world! May this New Year bring peace and prosperity, and of course, delicious food adventures!
We have 365 blank pages of an amazing book in front of us to be filled with adventure and delicious food in 2018, but we can’t help but look back at some of our favorite moments from 2017 to start of the year right!
1. Taste of Thailand- One of the Top 15 Best Thai Food Blogs: We always try to come up with new ideas for our blog and with all this great food around, it’s not hard! But it’s not only about Thai food! We also focus on Bangkok, Thai culture, Thai language and great spots to visit and enjoy. Our blog topics are vibrant and vary from exotic foods to local traffic jams! That’s how Taste of Thailand was ranked among the Top 15 Thai Food Blogs by Feedspot. Details are here.
2. Bangkok’s Best Restaurants: Taste of Thailand focused on 9 of Asia’s 50 best restaurants located here in Bangkok. These restaurants serving amazing, innovative (and delicious!) Thai and modern cuisine truly showcase Bangkok (and Thailand) as a major player in the international food scene. Details are here.
3. Interview with K. Jacob: K. Jacob is the food curator of Taste of Thailand Food tours! Inspired by friends who operate similar food tour businesses, he co-founded Taste of Thailand Food Tours in 2014. We published his short interview here.
4. Celebrity Chef Daniel Green: Taste of Thailand Food Tours toured with celebrity Chef Daniel Green and collaborated with our friends at the Blue Elephant Cooking School & Restaurant in Bangkok to explore authentic dishes and the origins of Thai recipes. It was such a memorable day for us. Click here to view the post.
5. Dinner Under the Stars: Taste of Thailand proudly hosted the unique, Dinner Under the Stars in Bangkok, which received a lot of positive feedback from foodies around the globe! The event was completely different from anything we have done before. The primary objective of this amazing event was to engage locals and visitors alike with new parts of Bangkok they didn’t know existed and to hear stories of those who are making things happen in this vibrant, magical city! It was a perfect complement to our tours and hopefully only a first in a series of unique and special events to come. Details are here.
6. Michelin Guide in Bangkok!: The famed French publishing company, Michelin, has launched its guide to the best restaurants and street food vendors in Bangkok. It has recognized Bangkok as one of the world’s best food destinations by naming a total of 98 restaurants to its guide, of which 28 were street food vendors. Details are here.